5 ingredients. 5 steps to prep. 5 minutes in the oven.
If I had to pick between two reasons why I love this recipe- the taste or the simplicity- I honestly couldn’t choose.
My mom used to make this as a special treat for breakfast or dessert when I was a kid, and it’s still one of my favorites to this day.
5 Ingredient Monkey Bread
- Package King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla icing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Tear each Hawaiian roll into thirds.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Dip each piece of Hawaiian roll in melted butter (do not drench, lightly dip each side) then roll in sugar. Place randomly in 8 x 11 pan.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts according to taste evenly over the bread.
- Bake at 375 F for 5 minutes, or until bread is golden brown. Drizzle with icing if desired.
I love this recipe for so many reasons, but most of all, because it’s downright delicious. Try it out and let me know what you think!
I’m also still accepting nominations for next week’s Sweets of the Week, so if you’ve seen something awesome on Pinterest or FoodGawker, or have a recipe you’d like to share from your own blog, send it over to email@example.com.
Until next time,