Show your pup some love with these yummy at-home treats from Dog Treat Kitchen.
This recipe couldn’t be easier, and when made in bulk, is much more affordable than store bought treats!
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use another type of flour if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 egg (optional)
- Additional small handful of flour for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the peanut butter and hot water. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky. Knead the dough well.
- Roll out the dough into 1/4″ thickness and cut into shapes with dog cookie cutters.
- Whisk egg with a fork and brush on treats with a pastry brush if desired- it gives them a nice sheen once they’re baked.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Thanks to Brittany for sharing her recipe and her sweet dog Hawkins with us!
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Valentine’s Day. ♥
Until next time,